Read this page carefully before your visit
The health of our guests, employees and residents is at all times our main priority. Kinderdijk UNESCO World Heritage has therefore taken numerous Covid-19 measures. Read this page carefully before your visit to enjoy this unique part of Holland in an appropriate way.
Rules in the Netherlands
There are several measures in force at Kinderdijk UNESCO World Heritage, which you must always adhere to:
• Always keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres (two arms lengths) from each other.
• Wash your hands often at the assigned areas.
• Do not shake hands.
• Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
• Use paper tissues to blow your nose and discard them after use.
• Avoid crowds and give each other space. If this is not possible, go somewhere else.
• The Dutch government strongly recommends to wear a mask at all indoor public spaces.
The urgent advice of the Dutch government is to stay at home with cold-like symptoms, such as a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, a mild cough, a mild fever below 38 degrees Celsius or a fever. Guests with such complaints are not welcome in Kinderdijk UNESCO World Heritage.
In addition to the basic rules, we have taken various measures ourselves. These are the main ones:
• We only sell online entrance tickets.
• Mandatory walking routes on the paths and at all visitor locations.
• Limited capacity for visitor locations and tour boats.
• Area is only accessible within selected timeslot.
• Payments are only possible cashless.
It is important to always have your online ticket at hand, digitally or printed. This will be scanned at multiple locations. Always follow the instructions of our employees.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We wish you a safe and unforgettable visit!